Baylie Yal

MUST we have Peacock????

Pretty sad that we MUST have Peacock to watch the Black Eyed Susan horse race from Pimlico. Have been able to view this race yearly - the filly race the day prior to the Preakness. Now, it's only on Peacock. I have streaming, but not Peacock. So, I'll miss the race. I pay enough. I don't need you NBC.
Cons:
  • Forcing peacock on customers

Preferred solution: Apology

Elaine W Kdv

Nightly News 04/24/2024 Turner syndrome

Dear Lester Holt:

Our daughter, now 43 years of age, was born with Turner syndrome, a condition mentioned in last night's broadcast. TS is a condition in which either the sperm or the ovum is missing an X chromosome.

One X chromosome is necessary for fetal survival, but a karotype of 45XO ("garden variety Turner syndrome) is not incompatible with life. A girl with TS is born at a rate of about 1 in 2000 live female births--so it is not especially rare. Geneticists suspect that many TS embryos are miscarried, but obviously not all are! Possible effects of the missing X chromosome are: infertility, short stature, heart or kidney defects, and minor issues such as a high, arched palate.

The rate of retardation is about the same as in the "normal" population...and so is the rate of giftedness.

Your broadcast spread misinformation about TS by making it sound devastating; the dire prediction given the couple who sought an abortion of their TS daughter would scare anyone, but it was not a balanced, knowledgeable, and complete description of Turner syndrome.

We did not know our first pregnancy would result in the birth of a child with TS. Within days, however, a severe congenital heart defect manifested itself and nearly took our daughter's life. Her first heart surgery came at 5 days of age. Over time we learned about more issues, but thanks to caring pediatricians, we were able to learn more about TS and meet a thriving, well-educated young woman with TS.

Our daughter has had health challenges related to TS--sensory-neural hearing loss and a retinal malformation--and she is inconvenienced by being short... but she happens also to have a PhD in an interdisciplinary Physics and Engineering field; she is a Research Physicist working for The US Corps of Engineers. She owns her own home and lives independently, plays viola in a community symphonic society, and spends time with the love of her life-- a Palomino named Carter.

You would NEVER have dared present a couple who aborted a child with Down syndrome (or any other Trisomy disorder) I'm sure!

There would have been outrage from many, yet those conditions are much more devastating than TS. (Extra chromosomal material is always more problematic than missing genetic bits.) You really needed a different couple, with a different fetal diagnosis, to avoid spreading dreadful misinformation.

We always watch your broadcast, and so seldom find that you are in error...but wow, this one was distressing and disappointing in the extreme.

Preferred solution: correction about disseminating incomplete and unbalanced information about Turner syndrome

User's recommendation: Research before you accept medical information on newscasts as factual

Trent B Ltn

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

You asked

NBC - You asked
Tried for two months to contact NBCs today show to complement Al Rokers loafers and ask what type they were. I guess its not an important enough question or its not sensational enough to make the air. Im an old retired paratrooper I dont want much out of life. I saw a nice comfortable pair of shoes. My feet hurt. I found some that are close but I dont know if theyre the right ones and Im certain that Al Roker would not wear substandard footwear.

User's recommendation: Don’t bother reaching out to Al Roker on the today show. He’s either too busy to important or doesn’t care. Something tells me it’s not the last.

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Henderson, Texas

America’s got talent

NBC - America’s got talent
NBC - America’s got talent - Image 2
On Friday November 10th 2023 at the oil bowl I won 1st place I picked up a spare at bowling alley 1102 W cotton street Longview Texas 75604 they they announce me during the award ceremony for the best gold medal meet Rachel Danae Patterson is singing and playing on the guitar

User's recommendation: Rachel.Patterson9@***.com

Resolved
Maggie M Dun

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Bring and pay liars and treasonous toxic to spew disinformation and get away with it.

Updated by user Mar 24, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Mar 24, 2024
NBC has gone to the rats. No longer has any legitimatacy or truth. Traitors to our Democracy, every executive and Talking Head at NBC is a corporate sell-out. Especially Meet the Press! Alt-right treasonous toxic Liars!

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Never watch NBC

Candace N Pzn

| map-marker Amarillo, Texas

Lopez vs Lopez

Hi!!! I absolutely love Lopez vs Lopez!!! Please please dont cancel. I was pleasantly surprised when i started watching this show!!! Thank you !!!
Tawana L Abz

Tv show pitch

I am a big fan of NBC, but please, can you all get Jennifer Hudson's show off the air, please, and replace it with The Loni Love show? I'm not trying to be critical but her show was a bad idea. Please replace it with The Loni Love show and see what may happen. Life is all about risk-taking. P.S. I have more ideas. Wanna?

User's recommendation: Keep watching for more shows

Dale B Iwd

Verified Reviewer

Hiring Election Interference Ronna McDaniel.

NBC and MSNBC should present political views of Republicans, Democrats, Independents and non aligned view points. Science also should be presented as science first.

Essentially I expect and demand integrity of your presentation to be fact or evidence based. Your inclusion of Ronna McDaniel on your team is counter to your obligations to provide information with integrity. I propose that your leadership team convene to create a standard for the show runners, the positions of analysts, publicize the standards and consider whether your team

Meets the standards. This would be preferential to firing someone you hired as a reaction to the reaction of your team and audience.

This would indicate appropriate information for your audience, employees and advertisers. I feel the MSNBC hosts have been universal in their individual reflections and public comments on this issue. Like your MSNBC show hosts, I am just one voice. Each access of your offerings is a personal choice.

Much like my vote. Sacred in individuality and responsible in aggregation.

Sincerely,

Dale Brown

Cons:
  • Hiring former rnc chair as an analyst

Preferred solution: Codified and public code of journalistic standards including analyst

Resolved
Kendell W Vrq
map-marker Dallas, Texas

Resolved: Hiring of Ronna Romney McDaniel

Really, NBC. She was the RNC chair for seven years and not once did she say Biden was president. NOT ONE TIME. She was a Trump enabler. She wears sheep clothes and has NO regards for democracy. She isnt trustworthy. NBC, this is unbelievable and SHAMEFUL. Hiring her puts the icing on the cake. What a DISGRACE to your viewers.

User's recommendation: Stop watching NBC until Ronna is fired.

Jean M Bof
map-marker Wilmington, Delaware

I’m not getting a reply from you to help me

NBC - I’m not getting a reply from you to help me
Xfinity is taking so much money from me monthly. They are charging me for Two phone lines and i only have one My mobile bill should be $ 45.00 per month. They are charging me $ 182.00 per month. I cannot reach anyone cant talk to a person the automatic voice is broken it will not let you go to a representative. I have been to Xfinity over 20 times in the past year and a half trying to get this fixed with no luck. I have paid over $800 so far with no luck. Please help me before they break my bank! This is so wrong. The stress is killing me. I have caner and all this mess is not helping me!!!

User's recommendation: Don’t use Xfinity‼

Fuck Y Lju

Cancelations

Why cancel youg rock and quantum leap but you keep lopez v. Lopez? Lopez is a piece of *** show i cant trust NBC anymore and wont watch any new shows you put out . Especially after ending my name is earl and las vegas in the middle of the seasons *** YOU NBC
Loss:
Cons:
  • Cancels all good tv series

Preferred solution: You to stop canceling good show and cancel Lopez v. Lopez it's a piece of *** just like George lopez

User's recommendation: Boycott nbc

Mike M Zhk

Bias in Sports coverage

Why does NBC completely ignore the NHL and fail to report on the Stanley Cup playoffs? Is it a contract thing, or some kind of petty corporate vengeance because NBC lost coverage rights to ABC? In any event, as a long time viewer of the Today show, its reason enough to switch to GMA!
Pros:
  • Good source of national news
Cons:
  • Biased sports reporting

Preferred solution: Explanation

Kim K Tcc

Affordable Housing Crisis

Updated by user May 04, 2024

I didn't receive any response from NBC. In today's climate, I truly expected some kind of response. Apparently they don't care as much as they proclaim to.

Original review Apr 23, 2024
I waited 7 years to get a unit at Parkview Villas. I was instantly rejected due to a surrender on my credit.

It was scheduled to fall off in 2 months. I informed the manager of this twice during my visit. Unbeknownst to me, I could've postponed my move until my credit was clear. The manager should have informed me, but she didn't.

I contacted, Marcus Aleman, housing manager for Rancho Mirage, 4 times and he will not respond. I'm a disabled senior and desperately need to live in the valley due to medical issues. I really thought affordable housing was supposed to help someone like me, and instead it has caused a great deal of anxiety.

Please help me. Thank you for your time.
Pros:
  • Nbc seems to care about the community
Cons:
  • Not applicable

Preferred solution: I need an affordable housing unit.

User's recommendation: Don't count on affordable housing

Media Expert Talks

Disinformation: Russian and Chinese trolls among us

Jun 16, 2022

How to know what’s fake on social media? In this video, Prof. Darren Linvill from Clemson University Media Forensics Hub explains how disinformation works, common tactics of political propaganda, the role of trolls, hashtags, and how to spot fake news.

Prof. Darren Linvill
Prof. Darren Linvill

Darren Linvill investigates data messaging and context accompanied by inauthentic behavior on social media networks. He also examines misinformation and disinformation in the rising field of social media forensics and data monitoring.

map-marker Spring, Texas

To complain about Ronna Mcdaniels being hired

Ronna McDaniel, a 2020 election denier, Trump ally and former Republican National Committee chair, has just been hired by NBC to be a political commentator. Ronna McDaniel actively attempted to sabotage the 2020 election results and continues to sow doubt about the integrity of the 2020 election, claiming that the election was rigged and that mail-in voting allowed for fraudulent ballots to be cast, despite investigations proving this false.

Being an election denier has literally paid off for McDaniel.

Election deniers should be held accountable for their attempts to undermine our democracy, not rewarded with high-profile jobs.

Election deniers should not be being platformed as trustworthy sources. Its both irresponsible and wrong to reward her with this role.

I have "unsubscribed" from all my NBC stations on youtube and will not watch my favorite morning program, the Today Show nor the nightly news with Lester Holt.

NBC needs to apologize to your audience and immediately remove Ronna Romney McDaniel from your station. You should look for someone that knows the truth and not someone that has gaslighted the whole country. She enabled criminality and depravity and she spread election lies for the last three years.

She pressured MI officials not to certify the legitimate election outcome.

How about some true patriots like Liz Cheney, Cassidy Hutchinson or Sarah Matthews as pundits rather than a traitor like Ronna ROMNEY McDaniel (emphasis added on Romney because Trump made her drop her maiden name!).

Fire her, apologize to your audience immediately. Everyone makes mistakes and you made a huge one. You should admit your mistake and get rid of her, now.

I won't be back until you do just that.

Sincerely, Anne McCabe

928-221-****

PS How could you? How dare you?

User's recommendation: Unsubscribe from all NBC Platforms and don't watch The Today Show, Nightly News or any other programs on NBC until Ronna Romney McDaniel is fired

james G Gxj

Hiring McDanieal

Have you lost your mind? Hiring a criminal, in my mind that believes in conspiracy trends is totally wrong. You and the companies that advertise on your network will hear about this in the form of money or lack of influx of. Think about what youre doing. The value of your broadcasts in that it will involve fiction will hurt you credibility and believability. Sad that choices made in this way make it hurt you reputation. Oh well. Thanks for listening.
Pros:
  • Used to be respected
Cons:
  • No longer respected

Preferred solution: Satisfaction you will stay neutral

User's recommendation: Keep neutral

Tim N Ncd

To inquire as to the disposition of Lawrence O'Donnell

The high walls built around the communication to anyone. I had one question and I am not heard, not a complaint mind you, just a question?

Preferred solution: Communication

Brands Related to NBC

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article